Preparing for Fitness Challenges

Whoooaaaaa! Control the Landing!!, Control the Landing!!
Tomorrow I will be putting myself through a very strenuous fitness test that I have absolutely no clue how I will perform. I was asked this morning " How will you prepare?" My answer was "I'm not really doing anything special other than resting". Why? Well, if I want to see my fitness level without manipulating anything in my normal routine, I just need to stick with the normal routine. I will eat the same foods, drink the same drinks, and yes, I will have wine this evening with Sunday dinner, go to bed at the same time, and see what tomorrow brings.

It will be my first day back at work after having the past week off. I will try to steer the day's unexpected turbulence but not try and control it. I will try to remember to hydrate with all of the multiple interruptions I anticipate that will take me off course.

 I am in this fitness and health lifestyle for the lifelong haul, besides, I will have proven enough by the time this decade is over in every category of my life. Tomorrow is just a snapshot of "What Miss B was able to do on 25 JUL 2011".
Coach Todd Moore

Coach Jake Saenz
I look forward to the encouragement that my coaches will give me as I try my best with each section of the test.
Laurie Carver (left). Fittest 50 year old in the world. Crossfit Masters 2010


Every rep will be a testament that older athletes can still perform at seemingly extraordinary levels, with the same mental focus, and determination.


I expect to feel happy that I tried it because it's the "curiosity within me" that drives my performances these days vs "physical preparation/domination". Its like when I was a kid creating physical challenges with my friends just to see what could be done.

It's never to late to be a happy kid!