Miss B's Pre-Paid Healthcare F-O-O-D

I openly admit that one of the biggest monthly I expenses I have is my grocery bill. I am not ashamed to say that I do not look at prices, I just toss my food in the grocery cart, pay the bill, and move on. Some of that behavior comes from growing up poor in a large family (on welfare at one point). I figure it's a whole lot cheaper in the long run to eat healthier foods and take care of myself as a preventative health care measure than to be paying for those ever so expensive drugs that people have to take that suffer with chronic diseases. Once the body has been treated poorly and pushed to its limit for years, the damage is often irreversible. I dont want that.


Meat is my most expensive purchase - bison, pork, beef, chicken, and shellfish.

My freezer is always full of organic frozen veggies and fruit - spinach, broccoli, asparagus, sweet potatoe fries, blueberries, rasberries, blackberries, cherries, and rhubarb. I like sour fruits!

I live on organic lunch meat (all kinds) and turkey bacon for my lunches at work. I'm often running in the hospital or sitting in my office on the computer. I carry a soft sided lunch bag with frozen ice packs to work every day unless I'm meeting a friend for lunch.
I eat a variety of fresh fruits especially apples and pears, but my all time favorite is watermelon!
Since I live in Texas where its hot and humid, I drink electolyte enhanced water. During the summer, I also drink "pickle juice" before workouts and then reload with coconut water.
When I want a little carbonation, I drink sparkling water because this brand has no additives except for natural flavoring.

Oh yes, and I love these raw mixed nuts because they have NO PEANUTS but all the others!
I have a large cup of coffee (black) every morning and sometimes in the afternoon to keep my metabolism/energy up because I have hypothyroidism and tend to feel somewhat sluggish all the time.
When I want a cold sweet treat I like "ice cream" made from coconut milk. I also like salted carmel gelato or mint ice cream, but rarely I have it.


I also try to live my life in balance. I eat out at least twice a week (breakfast or brunch) and I love to taste new and different alcoholic beverages which may be mixed with Coke, straight up on ice, or with some type of mixer. It part of my adventurous spirit. My drink limit is 2-3...very rarely would I drink more.

My hope in sharing this with all of you will set an example or reaffirm what you are already doing for yourself!