I like classical music. I can put my own words (thoughts) with the music that I'm listening to depending on the day I'm having. I find it very comforting in times of sadness. I like to travel at least once per year to hear a symphony play. I have a wide range of favorite composers but I especially enjoy exploring women composers throughout history. Joan Tower, Amy Beach, Pauline Oliveros, and Ellen Taffe-Zwillich are a few of my favorites. My favorite instruments are the cello and the piano.
I love to explore different types of alcoholic beverages. It's like being a chemist conducting experiments. The past year I have explored Absinthe and other bitters such as Becherovka (Czech), Averno (Italian), Zwach (Hungarian), St. Germain (France), Pimms (UK). I am curious and adventurous by nature!
The summer between 8th and 9th grade, I taught myself to play the drumset. I ended up playing in the high school pep band as well as a few high school garage bands. I took voice lessons for a while. I like the drums and other percussion instruments such as the steel pans, etc.. I enjoy listening to percussion ensembles especially but there are not many of those around. I gave my drumset away when I became an ICU nurse and I havent played since. I love singing to the radio or CDs while driving. Like all types of music but rarely go out in public to listen to it.
Once a month I meet some of my male friends to smoke cigars, sip Sotol, and chat. I definately have had to acquire a taste for smoking a cigar, but the company, intellectual conversation, and people watching are a nice break from my usual routine.
I like to dance. It makes me happy to cut loose every now and then. Besides at 48, I'm proud to say that I can fit into the latest "skinny bitch jeans" and shake my fanny with the girls half my age. Woot!
I enjoy the "game" of orienteering. Bastrop State Park has an orienteering course that is super fun and close to home. I enjoy being still and quiet in nature settings and love all animals especially owls.
New Zealand has been my childhood destination and I WILL GO THERE BEFORE I DIE! Other destinations on my list are: Switzerland, Australia, Pategonia, Estonia, Finland, and Tahiti.
I also enjoy meeting new people and talking one on one.
I love my little kitty "Jada".
She is my joy waiting for me when I come home from a long day at work. I make fun of her "diva" attitude, but really, she is a sweetie.
She is my joy waiting for me when I come home from a long day at work. I make fun of her "diva" attitude, but really, she is a sweetie.
I need other activites outside of my workouts to achieve a normal balance. I also need quiet, alone time at home to recharge. It's hard in the overstimulating world to experience all that I want in life as I move on through, but I am doing my best to make it happen on my own terms!









